2010-08-05

Stop Clowning Around – Random Bits Of Life

Blogapalooza

Tonight, I'm off to meet Beck-Eye from The Pop-Eye, and a few others after work for some beverages.  She's in town for Lollapalooza, so I simply could not resist spending way more time than necessary creating that graphic.

Super excited about it.

But nervous.  She's hip and trendy enough to go to Lollapalooza and can probably even get away with calling it "Lolla" without sounding like a dork. Me?  I once got "Liz Phrair" and "Lilith Fair".  Hint: Ones a pixie-ish MILF.  The other is a concert series attended by women who don't shave their arm pits. Anyway, I hope I don't totally embarrass myself by saying something uncool like: "I like Hockey's 'Song Away'.  Way do they get lower billing than Erykah Badu, when she can't even spell 'Erica' correctly?  And don't get me started on 'Sade'!  It's pronounced 'Sadie', dammit!"

And it all goes down hill from there.

I will update you next week on all the stuff that I'm not sworn to secrecy on.


Scope's Tip Of The Day: When washing 9 of your dress shirts for work, you might want to make sure that there isn't a blank ink pen in the pocket.  Very bad things can happen.  Very expensive.  Very bad.

Shirt-01 Shirt-02

It looks like SOME of the dark blue shirts MAY be salvageable.  That's good news at around $60 each, I wasn't looking forward to spending the money that way right now, especially since some of them were pretty new.  I'm using a combination of tests to determine if they are wearable:

  1. 3 Foot Test – If the ink spot isn't noticeable from 3 feet away, unless you know where to look, it's good.
  2. Lunch Test – If the shirt isn't any more stained that it would be after a typical lunch, then it's good.

And "No", the pen didn't survive, either.  (And I think the pen actually broke in the drier, so I didn't see any damage until I has already set the stains!)


Wedding-Family
Happy Anniversary (Tuesday) to my lovely wife and daughter.  1 month.

Cora is still in Washington, packing and sorting and sorting and packing.  I know she feels bad for not visiting your blogs or posting anything herself, but we should find out more about when she can move next week, and if the answer comes down in our favor, she wants to be packed and ready.



Ron's-Bronze You Can't Spell 'BRONZE' Without 'RON' – My friend Ron, you may remember him from the time he spotted me $5 [LINK], just won a bronze medal in the Men's +35 Standard Dance at the Gay Games in Cologne, Germany.

I don't know that I know anybody else that has won a medal in international competition before.

Way cool.  Way to go, Ron!


Hopefully this has gotten you up-to-date on what's been going on while I've been clowning around all week.

5 comments:

Cora said...

I wonder if you could get away with tie-dying your work shirts? No-one would notice the stains then. ;-)

Happy Anniversary!! I love you!!

And here's a big whoppin' CONGRATULATIONS to Ron. SPECTACULAR!!

MJenks said...

Liz Phrair?

Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

Ink stains seem like such a waste! If I'm going to get stains, I want them to be from a fun night in which I spill wine all over my shirt. Those types of stains are worth it.

On a positive note, at least you got a blog post out of it... ;)

SkylersDad said...

You get to meet the PopEye?!?! Holy shit that is cool, it is like meeting American royalty. Sneak a squeeze of her butt and tell her hi from me, will you?

Scope said...

Cora - I could dye them black, and just have a "Johnny Cash" motif going for me.

MJenks - "Liz Phrair" does "Liz Phair" covers at the local street phairs. Totally hot. Or, it's a typo. Either way.

Jan – If I'm going to get stains on my shirt, and I am, I want it to be from the dipping sauce for the crab rangoon (which it was yesterday) or the grease from the burrito (which it was the day before that) or, well, you get the picture. But spill the wine? I dig that, girl. ;-) (There's an great joke that no one will ever read.)

Skydad – You now have a 3rd Degree of Kevin Bacon to her. You > Cora > Scope > Beckeye. And folks, she's way cooler than she thinks she is.