[Editor's note: By at least one count, this is my 600th blog post (another has it at 594). It's also my 1 year wedding anniversary. So, without further ado…]
I love you.
You saved my life. Before we met, I was lost, and had given up on meeting "the one". And then you came along.
I can't believe it's been an entire year since we got married. Sometimes it seems like we've been together forever and other times, it seems like only yesterday (in the "good" way). But I do know one thing: A life time isn't going to be long enough, so I'm going to cherish every single day.
I miss you after we kiss goodbye in the morning, and look forward to seeing you every day when I come home. You have filled my empty condo with love (and Harry Potter collectables). It feels so natural being a husband and father that I almost can't remember what it felt like to not have you and our daughter around. The three of us do make a fabulous family.
A short list of things I love about you. This list is not supposed to be inclusive or in any particular order. But I hope you see that I love everything about you.
- I love going grocery shopping with you. Since "Wednesday" doesn't like to come along, it's our special time together.
- I love your joy of discovering new things. From Merkt's Swiss and Almond cheese spread to you seeing your first firefly. Your joy is infectious.
- I love holding your hand. It's something we do a lot. Tons. And I get a tingle every time my hand touches yours.
- I love your butt. There! I said it.
- I love your spirit. You're smart and fun and sexy and funny and bring joy and humor to life.
- I love being a family man. I never really thought about having children. Figured it wouldn't be in the cards. Now I can't imagine not having a better one than Wednesday. She is such an absolute joy. I love you for making me a husband and a father. That's all you.
The traditional gift for a first anniversary is "paper". The modern gift is "clocks".
So, here is part of your gift, a ticket, back in time:
Our wedding, part #1
Our wedding, part #2
Our wedding, part #3
I didn't think I could ever be happier than I was at that moment. But the truth is, you make me happier each and every day.
So, on this, our first anniversary as a family, I just want to tell you something that I tell you probably 5 times a day, and doesn't feel like enough:
♥ ♥ ♥ I LOVE YOU! ♥ ♥ ♥
I love you with all my heart. You're my wife, my girlfriend, and my best friend all rolled into one.