2012-05-18

Hippies Vs. The Free Enterprise System

NATO-Flag
As some of you may or may not know, there's a NATO summit in Chicago this weekend.  For the most part, the city government, news media, and public have lost their ever-lovin' minds over it.

There will be… **GASP** … demonstrators in town.  To be honest with you, I'm a whole lot less worried that it will be like "The Battle in Seattle", but more like the 1968 Democratic National Convention.  (Then Mayor Richard J. Daley had a famous quote, "Gentlemen, let's get this thing straight, once and for all. The policeman is not here to create disorder. The policeman is here to preserve disorder.")

Yeah, I work right across the street from the Chase building.  And sure they've been in the news a little recently, but honestly, I'm not too worried.

I'm not worried about an attack on the bank.

I'm not worried about an attack on my building.

I'm not worried about an attack on my person.

I am worried about an attack on the Free Enterprise System, however.  Oh, not Capitalism.  Capitalism will shake off these hippies like a blast furnace shakes of a snowball.  No, I mean the Free Enterprise System: the charter bus service.

Free-Enterprise-System

As a luxury charter bus service, they may bee seen as "The Bus Of The 1%".  But I hope the 70's color scheme (I had a comforter with those same colors) and the Grateful Dead font will throw them off the scent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn hippies. {shakes fist}

I just had to say that, and I don't know why.

Cora said...

You're a goofball.

I'm just glad Marilyn left town when she did. I'd hate to see a herd of hippies sleeping under her skirt. That would just be all shades of wrong.