2011-05-17

My Mayor Can Send Your Mayor To Limbo

And so, after 22 years of Dire Wraith, Chicago has a new mayor:

Rahm-SpaceKnight-04 RAHM
The
SPACEKNIGHT!

Okay, to explain the joke:

  • Former Chief Of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, became the first new mayor of the City of Chicago after Richard M. Daley chose to end his run at 22 years.
  • Rom was a toy and comic of the late 70's and 80's. His main foes were Dire Wraiths, whom he dispatched to a dimension named "Limbo" with his weapon, the "Neutralizer".

Rahm-SpaceKnight-03

Hey, I didn't say they were FUNNY jokes, did I?

10 points to anyone who got the jokes without the explanation.

5 comments:

Cora said...

Wocka wocka wocka.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Now he can father an illegitimate child of one of his staffers and ruin his marriage!

Let the games begin!

So. Cal. Gal said...

Nope! But then I'm blonde.

And Candy is right. I would be embarrassed for living in the state that dork was Governor of, if not for the fact that I didn't vote for him.

BeckEye said...

I'll take my negative 20 points now.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

i'm a big ROM fan but not so much when it comes to Rahm.