So Cora, Wednesday and I went to Seattle for Wednesday's Spring Break, and Easter. It was also the 2 year anniversary of the plane ride that changed my life: when I flew out to meet Cora for the first time. (Here's a LINK to the first of that weekend.)
Since it was our anniversary, we did some repeats. Just like on our first date, we went to dinner with Callista and her husband, Mad Dog, at the Cheesecake Factory. And Cora and I shared a dessert again, too.
We also had dinner atop the Space Needle with Wednesday and Cora's mom.
The food and view were great. And the "Lunar Orbiter" dessert (there's always dessert with Cora's family) with the dry ice and smoke was out of this world.
Most of the rest of the time was spent hanging out with Cora's side of the family.
Even though Wednesday didn't have to visit her father while she was out there, she did have a bit of déjà vu while visiting her old stomping grounds.
While this sweet heart showed me her pink, pink pony.
I also got a few good laughs in at random spots along the way.
Other things we managed to do while in the area:
- Wednesday got to spend hours with her friends, hanging out and staying in touch. 3 of them even spent the night.
- Take a couple of walks past the place where we were married.
- I got to see the inside of Cora's childhood home as her father is remodeling it.
- I got to see mummies @ Ye Olde Curiosity Shop. But why isn't it named "Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe"?
But a couple of things that we failed to do:
- Go whale watching. We decided to spend the time with family and Gwen's friends instead. We'll check out the orcas this summer.
- See ~E. She's a lapsed blogger who lives blocks from Cora's mom's place, but we just couldn't get our schedules to sync. Next time, dang it!
And then, there's this Easter toy.