Thursday's Air-Rage

Anger I woke up Thursday in a grumpy mood.

And the day didn't really try to make things better.  I should have been happy.  I was flying out to see my fiancée Cora.  It had been a while since I'd see her.  So I should have been in a GOOD MOOD, if you know what I mean.

I wasn't.

  • I was running late.
  • As I was locking the door, I had to run back in and turn off some lights that I missed.
  • I got half way to the train station when I realized that I didn't have my BlackBerry.  Not good when you are on call AND heading out of town.
  • I was on the train into the office when I realized that I'd forgotten my future daughter's Easter basket.
  • Work was work.
  • On the way to the airport, I didn't get the trains right, so I go to the airport at 5:45 for my 6:45 flight.
  • All the moving walkways heading my way were broken.
  • I go to the gate at 6:20, so needed to go somewhere quick to get a bite for dinner.  Went to Miller's Pub for a quick sandwich, but the lady in front of me was ordering for an army, and was asking questions about every menu item.  After 2 minutes, I bolt.
  • Thank GOD for McDonald's somewhat speedy service.

Finally, they boarded the plane.  We were a little late, but I was off to see my lady love.  Eventually.  So, if any of you were checking out my Facebook status on Thursday, you would have read the following:

facebook-iconMarch 25 at 7:19 pm - Stuck on the plane waiting for the final 3 passengers to show up and make their connection. This is not helping!

March 25 at 7:44 pm - Still effin' sitting here an hour after we were supposed to depart.

March 25 at 8:05 pm - I don't give a damn about their luggage. If it takes you 40 minutes to move it from one aircraft to another, just assume it's lost and get it to them in the morning. It will be FREAINING MORNING ANYWAY by the time you roll us on to the runway.

March 25 at 8:20 pm - Has decided "cleared for takeoff" means something different to SW than it does to me.

March 26 at 12:27 am - And the beat goes on. We've landed, but no gate, so we are sitting out on the runway. It's "The Flight that Wouldn't END!". :-)

March 26 at 12:37 am - Now I'm expecting my checked bag to have gone to Orlando.

I was sitting on the plane, and had just ranted about "the flight that wouldn't end" when the phone rang.  It was Cora.  I think she was wondering if I got lost.  Nope, just being held hostage.

But the funny thing was this.  The instant I set eyes on her, standing just beyond the security gate?

It was all worth it. 

And then some.


mo.stoneskin said...

I often go for a "quick sandwich" when travelling.

Cora said...

There was about eight of us waiting at the security gate for people being held hostage on that plane with you. We were all wondering what the heck was going on because we knew the plane had landed, but hadn't reached the gate yet. One woman got a text from her son saying "still on plane" and I said to myself, "DAMN IT, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - I'M CALLING ERIC! HE'LL TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON! GAH!"

*deep breath*

Anyway, congrats on your 400th post! :-)

SkylersDad said...

Sounds like the flight from hell!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Love is kinda like that. All is forgotten.

J.J. said...

Happy 400th!

I was flying home and got to the gate 5 minutes early, but the plane was already taxi-ing. I got a $100 voucher but had to stay an extra day...in Connecticut.

So things coulda been worse. ; )