2010-05-14

Silver Centurion* Saturday

After such a feverish Friday, Cora and I took it a little easier on Saturday. The morning was spent out running errands. Like on Thursday & Friday, I did the driving. We figure that in July, I will need to be able to drive groups of people around, so getting a feel for the area wouldn't be a bad idea.

Saturday afternoon, we went to a matinee showing of Iron Man 2.

Why is the "Golden Avenger" in silver? Cora had not seen the original Iron Man, but I gave her a quick Mjollnir rundown, and I don't think she was overly confused by that. All in all, I liked the movie, and loved all the Avengers / S.H.E.I.L.D. stuff, but then, I was a comic book collector in my 20's, so you don't have to hit me over the head with a hammer to get some of the references.

After the movie, it was time to meet up with Callista and her husband for pizza! Good food. Good conversation. They hadn't seen the movie yet, so I tried to reassure her that her dislike of Scarlett Johansson wouldn't taint the movie. (I later referred to her as "that Scarlett witch". If you don't get that joke, that means you're fairly normal.)

We got home from dinner, and joined Cora's mother and Gwen for a showing of 27 Dresses before bed at a respectable time this night of around 11:00.

* In the comics, the armor Tony uses to fight Whiplash the first time, is referred to as the "Silver Centurion" armor. But you all knew that, right.

7 comments:

wigsf said...

Dagnabit! I think I got that Scarlet Witch joke.

Cora said...

*WHOOSH!*

Hear that? That was the Scarlet Witch joke flying right over my head.

"Fairly normal," you say? Alriiiiiiiight!

Scope said...

wigsf - If you think you got it, then you got it.

Cora - The Scarlet Witch is an entirely different Marvel character, who often teams up with Iron Man in the group "The Avengers".

J.J. in L.A. said...

She doesn't like Scarlett???

She's HOT! Uh, I shouldn't be admitting that, should I?

MJenks said...

I was Wanda-ing if she would show up...

Scope said...

Only briefly. And she was a Vision. But she vanished. Like Quicksilver.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, so I've been outed on my dislike of Scarlet on your blog, no wonder why I am getting all this hate mail. At least I have an explanation now.
And phew! I must be fairly normal since I only got the play on words and not the refernce for "that Scarlett Witch" comment.