Back in high school, I read the following in Ann Landers in my local paper. (Apparently from Oct. 11, 1982). I cut it out back in the day, and remember running across the slip of paper off and on thru my life. I haven't seen it in years, so it must be lost in the sands of time. Thanks to the internet for helping me find it.
Here's the text (in case you don't want to squint at the clipping):
- A kiss is a noun because it is both common and proper.
- A kiss is a pronoun because she stands for it.
- A kiss is a verb because it is either active or passive.
- A kiss is an adverb because it modifies the art.
- A kiss is an interjection because it shows strong and sudden feeling.
- A kiss is a conjunction because it connects.
I know it's a little late for Valentine's Day, but every day is Valentine's Day when you're in love, right?