2014-03-10

Corn Huskers–And I Don't Mean "Nebraska"

Corn-Huskers

To say I suffer from "winter skin" is an understatement.

I am Winter Skin's bitch.

For the past, I don't know, 6 years, between December and February, if I wore short sleeved shirts, it looked like I had been mauled by a bear or ran a marathon through a brier patch or something.

My arms and back were carved with scratches from itching I my sleep.  The rest of my arms were red and with hive like bumps. The back of my calves looked like some kind of lunar-sc(r)ape.

I tried the Eucerine as told HERE.  It worked okay, but was expensive, and need to be applied constantly just to keep the dry skin at bay.  And, I'm sure 50% of it is still in the tube.

This year, after scratching myself raw the first 3 months of winter (it's been brutal here in Chicago, like everywhere, I guess), I had enough and bought a bottle of the good stuff.

Corn Huskers Lotion.

Normally, I would provide a link to the official Corn Huskers Lotion website, but I don't think there is one.  I've searched the web, and am not sure who even manufactures it.  They probably just made a monster batch of it in 1943, and have been just selling that batch ever since.  But let me tell you, it works.

Within 2 applications (night then morning), my skin was so much better.

Applying it before bed and after the morning shower, and I've had no winter skin issues since.

Sure, the stuff looks like a 7 ox bottle of snot, but don't let that put you off.  Just pour a nickel sized drop in your hand and go for it.  It's a little thin, so be careful.  It has a nice, clean smell, so you won't smell like lavender & lilac unicorn farts or anything.  Just be warned:  As it dries on your hands, it does go through a "tacky" phase, but that doesn't last long.

And at around $3.99 a bottle, you can afford to be liberal with it.

A few things:

  • It was originally formulated for actual corn huskers, i.e. men who shucked ears of corn.
  • It can be hard to find.  I've scored some at CVS.  You may need to try… Walmart.
  • According to at least one site, it can also perform as a "personal lubricant".  Well, shuck that corn.

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Lube?

Oh myyyy...

Cora said...

We should stockpile that stuff in case CVS doesn't sell it next year. You know how I feel about having to set foot in Walmart.

That Janie Girl said...

Ditto Cora re: Walmart! PLEASE don't make me go there.

I'm gonna try this stuff. Living in the desert plus dry climate takes its toll!

Scope said...

Janie - And it's something that your guys can use and still feel manly.