As a bachelor living on his own for 20+ years, you might say, I had some… habits… routines. You know what I mean. Since getting married, some of them have started to change.
That kind of describes my life pre-marriage. I could go 2 or 3 months without doing any serious grocery shopping. I mean, I ate breakfast @ McDonald's 3 times a week, ate out for lunch weekdays, and dinner out 4 or 5 times a week. What did I need food for? I needed pop, pasta, sauce. Maybe some hot dogs.
Now-a-days, I look into the fridge, and see bizarre things:
- Eggs – I have undead chickens in my fridge!
- Milk – Not only does the milk not resemble cottage cheese like it used to, there is a gallon of blue stuff called "skin milk" or "skim milk" or something. And there there's the "1% milk". (I wonder what the other 99% is?)
- Fruit – I have deconstructed cans of fruit salad sitting around in it's natural state. What's up with that.
- Cereal – Special K Red Berry, Honey Nut Cheerio's, Rice Chex, Fruit Loops (for the step daughter) and oatmeal. Well, I guess that explains the milk.
- Frozen Vegetables – The closest I used to come to having vegetables on hand was a can of Le Sueur Peas in the cabinet.
And I'm eating meals at home. At the dinning room table. Talking to other human beings.
Man, that's so cool.