Recently, Sunday has been reserved for "meta-blogging." Blogging about blogging. And guess what? This "Sunday" post has taken so long to write, and is so long, that it's become a Monday post. So here's a little bit of stuff that's been happening here and around blog-world.
1 – Gwen – You may know her as a monkey-luvin' mad woman. I know her as a truly wonderful and lovely soul, who is also a monkey-luvin' mad woman. She sent me a card, like she did some others. (Here and here for examples.) But mine was a beautiful, artistic photo of the St. Louis Arch (as you can see) and a lovely note wishing me support and encouragement on a trip that I'm taking in just a few days. I tell ya, this woman is absolutely ACES!
2 – Wow - You people are too nice to me. Seriously, I appreciate all you who have chosen to follow my little blog. Whether you're one of my core regular comments, you publicly follow and chime in once-in-a-while, or lurk but don't comment, I appreciate every set of eyes on this page.
And with that, I want to thank a new batch of followers who have put me over the 50 follower mark, and almost to 60. So, welcome to:
- miss amy – Your name alone means more to me than you know.
- mo.stoneskin – I've seen you around so much, that when you popped up in the followers, I was slightly confused.
- sAm – Remember, the training should be as fun as the races.
- SweetPeaSurry – Make you laugh, make you think, and make you think about dinner, all in one post.
- Ryan Ashley Scott – She reaches her 100th post today, be sure to go over and congratulate her.
- Callista – Looking forward to dinner on the 17th.
- tinkalicious – Classy and arty, like her namesake.
- Eudae-Mamia – She's got the badge of being Sassified. What more do you need to know. Really. (And trust me, my heart does leap a little whenever I see that little button.)
3 – Trip - Did someone mention a trip I'm taking to Seattle in less than 2 weeks to meet a couple of bloggers? To say that I'm excited is an understatement. I've been told that I glow when talking about it. But I'm not particularly nervous. Now, explaining the trip to my mom? That's got me nervous.
5 - Tag - Jodi of J.J. in L.A. gave me an award:
"The Friendship Award is given to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. The winners must choose at least 5 more blogs that embody the feeling of friendship, and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
1 - Sass @ Are You Sassified?
2 - Sassy Britches @ Well okay, Sassy Britches
3 – Candy @ Candy's daily Dandy
4 - MelO @ It's just easier that way...
5 - H @ It's Always Darkest Before I Open My Eyes