2009-02-12

Letterman - Part 1

Faster than a rolling 'O'
Stronger than silent 'E'
Able to leap capital 'T' in a single bound!
It's a word, it’s a plan...it's Letterman!

You all know that there is the Letterman Meme going around, right? Candy, Sass, and Cora have done it at least. So, it works like this, you are assigned a letter of the alphabet to best illustrate 10 things you love beginning with that letter. Candy gave me 'S' for 'Scope' (Sass gave me a 'Y' but that's for another day.) So, without further ado.

01 - Spell Check – Oh how I love you. Not only did you provide a little bit of humor to my day, you make it so that that I don't look like a complete idiot when I write. Where were you in 4th grade when I mangled the sentence, "The bare had a tare in a pare of pants."? Granted, none of those words pop up in error in spell check, I'm just saying.

02 - Spunk – I'm naturally on the low key side, so I really love a woman with spunk. I was going to say "sass" but then "

Sass" and "Sassy Britches" might argue over who I was referring to, and then we would have had to break out the bikinis and the tub of banana pudding, and let them settle it like ladies. Wait a second…

03 - SASS – Ding ding!





04 - Sixburgh STEELERS Super Bowl Champs – I love me

my Steelers. Always have.

05 - Surfing the Internet – I blog therefore I surf. I tried 'serfing the internet' but the damn dirty peasants can smashing the laptops I got them and claiming that they were "the devil's machines." True, but I borrowed them, and he's gonna pissed when he sees what happened to them.

06 - Sleep – I love it, but like many things I love, I don't get enough of it.

07 - SQL – I love me some Structured Query Language. Most of the time I pronounce it "SEQUAL" there I times I say the letters, "S-Q-L". Regardless, I couldn't do my job without it.

08 - Sabbatical I seriously did enjoy my year of unemployment. I just wished I would have enjoyed it more.

09 - Snickers – Since this meme was from
CANDY, I thought I would throw in my love for the chocolate.

10 Spiders and Snakes – Actually this could have been "Silly Songs" or "Stafford & Stevens". I'm a fool for the novelty song.





And I suppose you thought this was over. No. because I also love 'SIPPING' so much, it deserved its own 10:

01 - Sam Adams - He was a Brewer and a Patriot. An original two sport man.

02 – Sangria – Because if I'm having sangria, then I'm having tapas, and if I'm having tapas, then I'm having that baked goat cheese in the tomato stuff.

03 – Seven & Sevens – For when daddy needs to get there, fast!

04 – Smoked Maibock – Goose Island made this once that I know of, smoked the crap out of the malt, and it was simply the best beer I've ever consumed.

05 – Sauvignon Blanc – A little patio pounder, lighter than a chardonnay.

06 – Shots – But real shots. Whiskey. Tequila. No 'Watermelons' or 'Suicides'

07 – Suds – I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow. I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow. (But not "feel MelO" sadly enough.)



08 – Sunset Wheat – Leinenkugel's tasty, tasty beer with a hint of orange in the bottle.

09 – Stout, Guinness – Mmmmm, beer.

10 – Sliders – After all this drinking, who doesn't want a sack of these steamed little grease balls?

12 comments:

Cora said...

There are days I could just kiss spell check!! YES!!

As for spunky women, well, I'll let you know if I run into any. (wink)

Sadly, I will have to watch your videos later, my friend, because AGAIN I'm running late. I'll be back. :-)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

SUPERbly done!

Spunk-careful, that could get misconstrued the wrong way. But I'm with you-a lady with some spirit is the way to go.

Sass-Sassy Britches and banana pudding-hee hee-brilliant! They would never do it though. It would have to be chocolate.

Sixburgh Steelers-This is a nice moment for you. I'm gonna let you have it.

Spiders and Snakes-OMG! I loved that! I haven't thought about that song in a long time. It will always be special because I clearly remember it was the first 45 I ever got when I was a "tween" just dipping my toe in the music pool. I got that and the classic "Smokin' in the Boys Room"
Good times.

AND Sangria makes me smile. You and Gwen should get your tapas on this weekend.

Great Job Scope. Thanks for playing.

Scope said...

Cora - Most of the vids are to ring bells for somewhat obscure old country songs. Bonus material if you will, but not required. The pudding wrestling I put in there for the sports fans out there.

Candy - I didn't think "Sixburgh" was a cheat, because I could have just done "Steelers".

And I was going to use chocolate pudding, but didn't like the videos that popped up as much as the one I used, so I had to change flavors.

And Gwen, does "Fat Fat Sugar" (sorry no link, on the BB, but everyone head over there if you haven't read it) count asa tappas? ;-)

Sass said...

I feel so violated.

...and man, does it feel good.

;)

Sassy Britches said...

I had a horrid dream about myself in a bikini the other night...at a church picnic! I might need to get over the trauma before any Sassy B/Sass smackdown, but you can bet it'd be a show.

SouthernBelle said...

What is a Seven & Seven?

Sass said...

And can I just say, in my own defense, I'd have done a lot better if little miss Sassy Britches wasn't standing there bragging about her SIX WEEK STREAK. ;)

And furthermore...when the announcer ate the 'nilla wafer...I almost threw up in my mouth a little bit. I mean, seriously...

Scope said...

Southern Belle - A "Seven and Seven" normally written as "7&7" is Seagram's 7 whiskey and 7up.

A nice, light beverage that I seem to POUND when I'm drinking them. It's my go to "Why wasn't I drunk 30 minutes ago?!?" drink.

SkylersDad said...

This was superb!!!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Good job! I was eating a Snickers as I read this. Yum!

words...words...words... said...

I thought this was going to be about David Letterman! Grr.

Anonymous said...

I'd make love to Snickers if it wasn't so damn messy and a waste of a good snack.