2009-02-16

Marco?

Have you ever been way out of town visiting friends?

Have you ever spent all day out on the town, bar hopping, and getting loaded?

Have you ever come out of the bathroom line to discover that they had completely ditched your ass?

So when you are out in an unfamiliar town, and you find yourself ditched, what do you do?

a Search the bar? – You're not going to recognize anybody.
a Head outside and look up and down the street? - You won't see them.
a Dash like mad to where the cars are? - Cars 'Yes'. People 'No'.
a Head back to bar, search, return to vehicles. – As futile as the first time.
a Call them on their cell phone! - You don't have any of their cell phones programmed in, and forget (remember the drunk part) that you have one in an email.
a Try Facebook. Mr. Laugh has it on his iPhone! - Fail.

a Call Mr. Laugh's home, 350 miles away, get his high school aged son and say, "Yeah, I'm out with your mom and dad, and they totally ditched my ass…" – That one worked!

Turns out, the group was big enough, that everybody thought I was with them when they went to the next bar, about 4 blocks away. And then they thought I was outside in the courtyard.

But all is well that ends well, and it gave me blog material, so I can't complain. And they didn't shave my eyebrows when I fell asleep later back at Gwen's.

19 comments:

Scope said...

And just to be clear, they felt kinda bad about ditching me. Not that they didn't find it funny as hell, mind you. But it was very much an accident.

Cora said...

Oh the perils of going to the bathroom, Scope!

Glad you still have eyebrows. But did they stick Cheetos up your nose and draw dirty pictures on your back with a Sharpie? It might be worth checking. (snicker)

Sass said...

I would have sat down right in front of the bar, on the pavement, and thrown a tantrum.

Don't believe me?

Just ask my husband.

I'm just sayin'.

MJenks said...

This is why I don't do blog meet-ups, because I'd be the guy "Hey, Scope's in the bathroom, let's go. No, seriously, it'll be a hoot!"

Yeah, I'm mature like that...

Scope said...

Cora - Luckily, as I understand it, they were having enough fun watching "Pootie Tang" without have to resort to that.

Sass - I so can imagine the reaction, but I can't imagine you getting left behind. And like I said, since I can imagine the reaction and the aftermath, I can imagine that J will make sure it does not happen.

Menks - Know that I will drunk dial your daughter looking for you, fanning the flames of her fears that you will ditch her while out shopping. And I won't cover the therapy bills. Cuz I'm evil like that.

Sassy Britches said...

Might I ask what you were doing in the restroom that allowed for an entire flock of people to make it out of a bar, march themselves four blocks down the street, and be entirely out of view by the time you emerged?

Scope said...

Waiting in line for a bunch of chicks to. Finish with the Port-A-Potties before my turn came.

MJenks said...

If my teaching her to play basketball doesn't send her to therapy, your little drunk dialing event won't push her over the edge.

Morgan the Muse said...

Oh, that is pleasant. But, you found them! That is good.

Alex Galvez said...

Who would have thought that in our 40's YOU would be the one partying and boozing the nights away in American cities whlist I was drinking milk and having a bagel, cream cheese with a slice of tomato on it? You must find a suitable mate and have three children quickly or your liver will not see MAC's 50th year reunion!!!

SkylersDad said...

And that is reason #1 why I just pee my pants and sit in it!

Dr Zibbs said...

Next time go straight to a police man. OR, one of those super listening devices because I'm sure you'll hear Gwen laughing.

Warren Beatty said...

Is it possible to get lost in St. Louis?

warren

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to go out in groups again! lol

Little Brr said...

Scope... It was so nice to meet you this weekend! I'm sorry we ditched you. I honestly had no idea you were lost until I read this post. I do recall now though, Gwen asking, "Where the hell is Scope?" when we got to that other bar 4 blocks away. Turns out she was right, you really weren't with us. Sorry man!

words...words...words... said...

This unfortunate event is well worth it because it gives you a great story. Just like the time everyone saw me naked. Wait, I wasn't supposed to say that.

I hope you all had a good time despite everyone trying to get away from you :) I wouldn't trust that Gwen as far as I could throw her.

Unknown said...

Love the call to the teenager,

"hi your drunk ass mom and dad ditched me."

lmao...

~E said...

I read Gwen's blog and I think they really were just to drunk to notice you were gone.

Still pretty damn funny to picture your drunk ass wandering around looking for them. ;)

Fancy Schmancy said...

Oh, DAMN! Why does everyone always have so much more exciting weekends than I do?! Sheesh!

Do please tell us more!