2009-02-18

A Visit With Gwen

Despite the fact that I joined the blog world we had actually only met 3 times in person before last weekend, and hadn't really spent much one-on-one time. Which is important when getting to know me. I tend to disappear in crowds (Exhibit A). After leaving Sass's on Friday, I rolled into Gwen's about 5:00.

Her, I'll call it an Arts & Crafts Bungalow even though I don't know what those words mean, was instantly home. Beautiful woodwork throughout, and great Frank Lloyd Wright-esque stained glass in the windows. I got a quick tour (the basement is still clean) and we headed out on our missions before the others arrived. At our first stop, "Eric the Engineer" showed up. I have a NEED to understand the process. I want to know why you made the decisions that you did. Not to judge, but to get closer to understanding the nature of the universe. Okay, not that deep, but that's how I am. I want to know. So when I asked Gwen why she chose this particular dry cleaners, she shot me a look. I apologized, but explained the above, and was confused as to why she would go somewhere that was not handy. (Coupon, near shops, etc.) And we were back on track. A little more shopping, a quick hit at the liquor store (where she alerted me to the fact that the thunder jug of Captain I grabbed didn't have any beads on it) and then back to her house, in her cute little 5 speed silver Spyder drop top. With the sunglasses she was sporting? Total-package-got-my-shit-together-modern-woman.

Into the kitchen we went, where I assisted in the making of the chocolate covered strawberries, the monkey bread, and the puppy chow. She was the sous chef. (More like the Seuss Chef, el gato in the sombrero). We wrapped everything up, sipping beverages and talking all the while. Not really about you all this time, sorry. Great fun getaway weekend. My one regret is that I didn't get to spend too much time with H. Just circulating in different pools of the crowd.

Next time.

7 comments:

Cora said...

I think I know what you mean about Gwen's house. Obviously, I've never been there, but every time she posts pictures, my eye gets drawn right into the room behind her because there always seems to be fantastic things in the background of her place. She should do a video tour of her home like you did!

And what the hell do you mean when you say you don't know what 'arts and crafts' means, silly?! Arts and crafts are like oxygen for the soul. Duh. (wink)

(There I go again! Why am I always winking when I'm talking to you?! It's not a tic, I swear!)

Lisa said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and gwen sounds like my kinda girl. ;)

I got to meet a group of online girlfriends back in the 90s and it was a blast... I'm not sure why I haven't tried to do the same since then. Busy with life I guess.

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Dr Zibbs said...

When are you going to post the pictures of the panties that you told me you stole from her house (in that email you sent me marked, "top secret"?

Sass said...

Zibbs, those weren't Gwen's panties, that was my deodorant. Duh.

And Scope, this post makes me miss ol Gwennie poo.

Her house IS just such a beautiful place, and it is so warm and inviting. Just like the woman herself!

Great post!!!

H said...

Ummm psssst Scope...we spent almost all day together on Saturday...just in case you were too drunk to remember I thought I would whisper it to you. ;-)

Fancy Schmancy said...

Sounds like a great time, I'm so jealous!