2009-03-23

The OTHER Blogger Meeting This Weekend

As you may or may not know by now, there was a blogger meeting this weekend. Gwen and Whiskeymarie? Well, sure. There’s that one. I’m sure it was filled with much drunken debauchery. And hung over debauchery. And then re-drunken debauchery. From previous discussions, I know how much Gwen was looking forward to this.

But this is not their story. They will have to tell their own story. I wasn’t there, and the spycam I placed at Gwen’s house is out of order.

No, I’m talking about my meeting the beautiful blond blogger.
First name: Sassy
Last name: Britches

Last week, she’d mentioned that she was going to be in Chicago at the end of the week and for the weekend. And then she mentioned window shopping in
Lincoln Square. Well, I live about 4 blocks from the square in Lincoln Square, so said I would try to find her. She thought that was a grand idea, and even sent me her phone number incase I was having no luck.

So, Saturday, after taking a series of naps to try to recover from working until 7 am, I set out around 11:00 in my search for Sassy Britches. I cut thru Welles Park on the way. It was a beautiful day, people were out playing ball, or sitting under a tree, enjoying the weather. I hit a couple of my favorite shops. All the timing, singing, “SAAAAASSSY, Sassy Britches, Queen of the wild frontier.” I kept looking and looking to see who was looking, but no bites. So, I went to the
Huettenbar, for cold tall glass of encouragement in the form of a weiss beer. Sipped that, and then walked back up Lincoln.

SAAAAAASSSY, Sassy Britches, Queen of the wild frontier.”

Nothing.

Well, I’d made it to the north end of the square and ate a light lunch at
Trattoria Trullo. A glass of pinot grigio, some Prosciutto, melon, dates, fried calamari, bread and oil. Yum. But not Sassy. I walk back down the street, plop on a bench in the square, and make the call.

She was across the street!

I walked into the store and there were only a few people in there, a blond in the back, and a few people up near the front. The brunette in the front group kind of looked up when I entered, but she was chatting with the group. Confused, I looked around, and the blond in the back then cracked a smile: I’d been played, but finally met Sassy Britches. (I will be calling her by her first name, “Sassy” from here on out.)

We talked a bit in the store, and then went to the
Chicago Brauhaus to chat. We talked (about you). We talked about ourselves. We watched a couple waltz around the dance floor to the live accordian player. She is sweet, cute, and when the topic of Cora came up, she pulled her self into a little twisty squirming ball of excitement. Her reaction was adorable. We talked for what seemed like a long time. Honestly I don’t know how long it was. She confessed that she was sitting in the park when I walked thru earlier. (I was emailing Sass, so was a little oblivious) I invited her back to check out my to see my condo. Deciding that I probably wasn’t going to axe murder her or try any “brown chicken / brown cow” on her, she agreed. Sadly, the joint was a wreck, put she was polite and acted not to notice.

She often gets mistaken for Mrs. Potato HeadEventually, we had to call it a day. Took a picture, and said our good-byes.

I don’t know what I expected 145 posts ago when I started this blog, but let me tell you, the people I have met thru it are all top notch. And Sassy was absolutely no exception. Aces. And in a bit of unsolicited advice to someone who doesn’t read this blog, “Pokey, RING that THING!” If you let her get away, that you didn’t deserve her in the first place.

Oh and Zibbs, yeah, her britches had just the right amount of SASS in them.

16 comments:

Cora said...

Ohhhh maaaaan, you guys were talking about me behind my back? Why the hell would you do that?! Punks! (wink)

Too fun. This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I should do: Meet a blogger. Golly gee, I wonder who I should meet (she says innocently)....

And here's a big YAY for the picture!!!! Woo-hoo! Aren't you two cute! Scope, you are one handsome fella! (not that I didn't know that already.) And Sassy, your makeup skillz are something else there, girl! Hee hee. I'm glad you guys had fun! :-)

Sassy Britches said...

Thank you for not grabbing my boob like Gwen did Whiskey Marie. :)

And I'm soooo digging the makeup job; is that a little side business you've got going on?

Seriously, fanTAStic meeting you this weekend, Scope. Hugs~

Scope said...

Sassy B., That would have been a tad inappropriate, given that we were standing infront of a church.

And for other reasons, too. :-)

And I'd kill you with the "piggy back" thing. It would be the "behind hug" and at the end, I'd pull my patent pending "cross your heart bra double boob grab." ;-)

I'm just sayin'.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Over from Sassy Britches - loving the reconstructed face ontop of her hoodie.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

As I told Sassy this morning, I am way sooo jealous!!

I want my turn! I want my turn!

Sassy sounds wonderful, of course, and it looks like you two bonded quite well.

Nice work Scope and Sassy!

Soda and Candy said...

Awww, cute! Good advice for Pokey too!

Dr Zibbs said...

That picture is scary.

MJenks said...

I like the green nose better.

It must be nice, living in a place with real live bloggers, or bloggers who show up. All I have are the animatronic mock-up that used to be Falwless and the now-retired Mathdude.

Fancy Schmancy said...

I'm with Mjenks, no one comes to CT, either. Glad you had a good time!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun time!

When I mentioned meeting a blogging friend, my friends jumped on me like a bunch of feral cats!

I'm going to have to be very sneaky if I wanna meet any bloggy friends!

Sass said...

Regarding your closing statement to Zibbs...

I hereby state for the record that I, "Sass," have never been in her pants.

I'm just sayin'.

Caffeine Court said...

I just read about your encounter on Sass's blog. Sounds like you BOTH had a great time. I'm jealous of all you people. I have yet to set up a face to face with any of my blogging buds. It must be so weird.

I have to admit, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Morgan the Muse said...

its amazing how the same picture can look so vastly different. But one thing is for certain... you look freaking tall!

Tash said...

How nice of you not to axe-murder her.

This made me miss Chicago. But I live in San Francisco so I'll get over it.

Gwen said...

Hey! That's cool! Did you guys poop in anything?

Scope said...

Just my pants.