2009-03-03

Not You iPod Meme

So, the other day when I was poking around Make Mine a Mojito in preparation for yesterday's 6° of Scope-aration II post and she had this cool Song Title Tag. It's like that iPod meme that was going around a while ago. Except you must pick one singer/artist and use only one song title to answer each question. And since I'm stealing it instead of getting tagged, I thought I'd better do it twice.

Pick a band/artist: Jimmy Buffett

1. Are you a male or female: "Lost Boy"
2. Describe yourself: "I've Got A School Boy Heart" (My theme song)
3. How do you feel about yourself: "Growing Older But Not Up"
4. Describe your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend: "Brown Eyed Girl"
5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: "No Woman, No Cry"
6. Describe your current location: "I Heard I Was In Town"
7. Describe where you want to be: "Beach House On The Moon"
8. Your best friend is: "Bank Of Bad Habits"
9. Your favorite color is: "Perrier Blues"
10. You know that: "If The Phone Doesn't Ring It's Me"
11. What’s the weather like: "The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful"
12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: "Cultural Infidel"
13. What is life to you: "Trip Around The Sun"
14. What is the best advice you have to give: "Treat Her Like A Lady"
15. If you could change your name what would you change it to: "Captain America"

Pick a band/artist: The Beatles

1. Are you a male or female: "Bad Boy"
2. Describe yourself: "Day Tripper"
3. How do you feel about yourself: "I Am The Walrus"
4. Describe your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend: "Eleanor Rigby"
5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"
6. Describe your current location: "Nowhere Man"
7. Describe where you want to be: "Strawberry Fields Forever"
8. Your best friend is: "With A Little Help From My Friends"
9. Your favorite color is: "Yellow Submarine"
10. You know that: "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey"
11. What’s the weather like: "Good Day Sunshine"
12. If your life was a television show what would it be called: "Fool On The Hill"
13. What is life to you: "Glass Onion"
14. What is the best advice you have to give: "All You Need Is Love"
15. If you could change your name what would you change it to: "Rocky Racoon"

15 comments:

Cora said...

Okay, now that's interesting, Captain America! If I were going to steal this from you which band would I use? Who has the most interesting song titles? Oingo Boingo? Depeche Mode? Oddly enough, to my dazed just-woke-up-at-4am mind, I'm thinking The Pet Shop Boys would be really funny here. Hmm....

Sass said...

Once again, I'm a brain-wave surfer girl...

But this time with Cora.

Depeche Mode crossed my mind.

As did Pearl Jam...

Fascinating. ;)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Yeah... I suck at this game. No doubt...as in for sure (not the group)

Cowguy said...

Okay... so this is kinda new and different and................ fresh!

Fresh as a daisy.

Fresh.

SkylersDad said...

I can never participate in these because I am the last person on the planet who does not have an iPod!

J.J. in L.A. said...

I don't have an Ipod either but I would pick from Styx or (early) Elton John.

Yeah, I'm old...

Scope said...

Technically, no player is required. It is not using the randomizing factor. All you need is to find their discography and find songs that fit.

And I must admit, there are a few songs up there that I couldn't sing on a bet, even though they are on my harddrive.

Scope said...

Oh, and Matt, I was thinking this might give you a distraction if you need it.

Sassy Britches said...

How interesting! I'll have to dig up my K.I.D.S. Incorporated cassette tape and see what we come up with. (A.k.a., that is how not-with-it I am with music!)

Bea said...

Hi Captain America
*sighs and wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

Bea said...

wow, two in a row, and they are several hours apart! co inky dink.
*clears throat*

good morning!
i was a name dropping fool in my post today. i saw how much you liked memes so i tagged you for one! yay. drop by if you get the chance!
love wilwarin

mo.stoneskin said...

Yeah yeah, but what would Rocky Raccoon change his name to? It would be pretty lame if his shuffle gave him that answer.

Lisa said...

these are good. i might try this one.

Morgan the Muse said...

I'da done the Beatles... :( Now I have to think of something horribly clever instead.

Or just not do it. That works too.

MJenks said...

And not a mention of Pencil Thin Mustache. *sighs* And here, I thought we could solve some mysteries together.