2009-03-29

Random Sunday

Welcome to the Scope-Tech weekend edition. I have been running a lot of errands, and visiting with friends. Just a series of quick hits from the weekend.

Earth Hour

I didn't celebrate Earth Hour. I did consider turning my lights off, but considering I was driving 65 mph down the expressway through a slushy, snowy rain. I didn't think shutting of my car lights to be prudent.

Taxing Times

I finally got around to doing my taxes. And by that I mean that I took my stuff to H&R Block and they did them for me. With the new condo, cashing in savings bonds, etc. I figured it would be money well spent. The one thing I learned: H&R Block could really stand to upgrade the GUI on their software. It was like time travel to 1997. As an IT guy, I notice that stuff. Getting serious bux back from the fed. I owe the state $22. They can wait for that down in Springpatch. (Sorry, Sassy B., payroll will have to wait.) :-)

WFP?

What the Pho? Snow? NO!!! (But it is due to mealt tomorrow.)


Shame! Wow!

You've been warned. But you didn't heed the warnings.
Now look what's happened. That's not Vince Offer. It's obviously that ShamWow! imitator that he warned us about. I was hoping Vince was going to jump out and whoop this guy's ass with some karate. You know, give him a SlapChop!

10 comments:

Cora said...

Ooh, thanks for getting linky with me!! ;-)

Snow, huh? We were supposed to get it too last night but it passed us by and went south. SCORE!! Hope yours melts as soon as pho-king possible!!

J.J. in L.A. said...

I didn't turn off my lights for Earth Hour either. I didn't feel like being groped by the brothers while they were trying to pick a card off the pile while playing Retirement Poker (similiar to Rummy).

SkylersDad said...

I powered down my unauthorized atomic pile just to honor Earth Hour.

MJenks said...

If I ever need a bunch of carbon rods, I now know where to go--thanks, Skyler's Dad!

Sass said...

Um...

Are you getting your Sass's confused?

Bea said...

geez, what is with the Americans and Shamwow?!?! i've heard more about this then the President. no, wait, i've heard more about this then the really big sandwiches everyone keeps posting! you guys are shamwow crazy!

Sassy Britches said...

Sassy B needs a new pair of shoes; how is she going to get it without a paycheck?!

MJenks said...

Of course that wasn't Vince, since he was apparently slapping the hell out of a hooker.

Scope said...

"ALLEGEDLY" slaping the hell out of a hooker. He didn't have all day.

Scope said...

And I believe that technically, it was a "SlapChop."