2009-03-14

Yin / Yang - Cosmic Balance

The nasty, brutish real world has raised it ugly had and bitten a good number of our blog friends squarely in the ass this week.

Braja, who I don't know well, but see around, was in a terrible car accident. Vodka Mom and Sassy Britches are keeping us updated. At noon your local time ("when the sun is highest in the sky and shining upon us all."), they are asking you to observer a moment of silent prayer.

Dr. Zibbs and Sass both lost loved ones. My heart goes out to both of them. Even when there's nothing really to say, I know that simply saying "I love you both and am sorry for your loss," sounds hollow to say, but having been on the receiving end of those words, aren't hollow to hear.

But, I'm a believer in yin/yang and balance in the universe, so a little good news to all of you, too:

59 MINUTES!
O.B.A.M.A. - One Bad Ass Mother AwardNikki – One of my newest followers, had a baby yesterday. Please note the time of delivery and the time the blog entry posted! That's right, 59 minutes! She recently mentioned that she hadn't yet won any awards, well, I think we can all agree THAT is award worthy. So, Nikki, you are the second recipient of the Scope-Tech O.B.A.M.A! No, nothing to do with the dude in DC, "One Bad Ass Mother Award!"

Cora – For those of you who read Cora's blog, I'm sure you've deduced that there MIGHT be something going on between us. Well, yeah, the simple blog flirting turned into emails, which turned into friendship, which led to phone calls, which led to plans afoot for visits. For all of you Nosy Parkers out there, we're friends. But she does put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. J (And yes, I called her, (And woke her, OOPS! Sorry! 2 Hour time diff.) before writing this. I'm dumb, but I'm not STOOPID!)

New Followers – It seems like I just did this the other day, but I want to thank some new folks for following my blog,
Random Real Estate, Lisa-tastrophies, raf, Real Live Lesbian, Skye, Char, Venom, and jadedj. Thanks for stopping by and sticking around.

So, I tried to do a little cosmic balancing today. Hope this starts the turn around. And don't forget teh silent prayer at noon, if that's your thing.

16 comments:

Cora said...

Awwww. And of course you know you put a smile on my face and a spring in my step too! *wheee!*

:-)

And, please, no worries about the call this morning - I needed to drag my rear out of bed anyway and, seriously, the alarm went off like two minutes after your call, so no biggie.

I like that you did this post. Thank you, Man Doll (snicker) Hope you have a great day!!

MJenks said...

Oh, crap...I completely forgot to link Nikki. And check her site. Thanks for the heads up (and the news).

Man Doll? Man Doll! Man Doll Or Ian, I say.

That's a pretty veiled reference...

Lisa said...

When it rains it pours, huh?
i'll have to visit everyone and give my condolences/congrats... thanks for giving all the news, not just the bad.

Can't blame you on the Cora thing... she's a cutie. :)

Lisa said...

and she's funny, dammit!

Sassy Britches said...

Definite balance in the works! I'm doing a little happy dance for you and Cora! ;P

Soda and Candy said...

Scope and Cora
Sitting in a tree
B-L-O-GG-I-N-G!

; )

(I'm so immature...)

Seriously though, thank you for balancing out the bad, Scope... I was just thinking how there have been so many tragedies happening in this little corner of the blogosphere.

SkylersDad said...

Thanks for posting about some good stuff Scope, and wheeee for you and Cora!

Scope said...

"Mandoll" was seriously my word ver on Cora's site yesterday. Had to email it to her.

And folks, relax, this is a one step at a time thing. Not jinxing anything by moving too fast. But thanks for the support. Cora is great, and we're just seeing what this friendship means.

But I have an openness to "possibilities" that I haven't felt in a while. And simply for that, I'm greatful.

Lisa said...

Awwww... I just saw what you wrote over there --->

No problem my friend... it's the least I could do. You needed cheering up and I can be quite funny when necessary. ;-)

And I'm sure I had as much fun playing with Cora and Sue as you had reading our little fb convo.

J.J. in L.A. said...

The last few days have been a doozy of a roller coaster ride! I've always hated them. : (

Soda and Candy beat me too it...I was thinking the same thing! Although, blogging wasn't what I had in mind. Good luck! : )

I'll have to check Cora out. Well, you know what I mean...

. said...

Life is like a ladder, sometimes you climb to the top, sometimes you are stepping down..and I suppose it was thought this way, in order to appreciate the good moments..

Sass said...

*sigh*

I've got nothing more to say...but, *sigh*

I heart you, Scope-on-a-rope

Morgan the Muse said...

Wow. She is pretty good, she does deserve the O.B.A.M.A.

Tom said...

I was thinking the same thing last week about all the good and bad happening to everyone at the same time. You said it better than I could have.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Very cool, well done!

Dr Zibbs said...

Nice post and thanks for the thoughts.