160GB Hard Drive
802.11b/g Wi-Fi Network
10.1" WSVGA CrystalBrite Display
XP Home Edition
I have it set up now on my wireless network, but I have yet to get folder / drive sharing up and running between this device and my main computer. Yes, I am using it to hammer out this little blog post. Here’s a quick review:
- Light weight - About 3 lbs.
- Small - It fits in my murse with plenty of room to spare.
- 6 hour battery
- Enough power for web surfing, e-mail, streaming YouTube videos, etc.
- The 10.1 screen is small.
- The keyboard is touch undersized. Fine for web surfing, but I would hook up a real keyboard for serious work.
- I hate touchpads. Have to hook up a portable mouse with it most of the time.
- No CD-ROM drive. Can make installing software more difficult it you haven’t set up the CD-ROM drives on your tower for sharing yet.
All in all, if you need a second or third machine around the house, or something for the kids (smaller hands, smaller keyboard) to do web stuff, not a bad choice. Nice price point. If you are looking for a primary machine? No. Get a full strength laptop.