2008-12-16

S.T.A.R. Awards


Just like with the run up to the Oscars, there are dozens of awards banquets thrown, from the Golden Globes to the Golden Razzies wanting to get their share of the spotlight. Well we at SCOPE-TECH feel that we have been remiss in the award giving department and feel it is time to make amends before the Drysdale Awards on Dec 29. (FYI – I totally plan on attending.)

The SCOPE-TECH Annual Recognition Awards or S.T.A.R.s are not based on votes of an academy, but are determined by SCOPE-TECH Director of Misinformation. Me.

As an award winner, you may, but are not required, display this award, certifying your S.T.A.R. status.

Comeback Blogger Of The Year - H - It's Always Darkest Before I Open My Eyes: While this award normally is awarded to the blogger who has overcome the most in their personal life that year, this year, H earns it for her comeback (full posting) to the on-line dater who called her fat to her face. "Well at least I can lose weight but I don't think you are getting that arm back any time soon". Monster comeback, girl. Doesn't matter is that happened yesterday, or in 1985, it still wins the Comeback of the year.

Blogger Brother Awardthe iNDefatigable mjenks - A Crown of Thistles: Same birthday? You dropping Buffett references in Belle's Spiteful Wishing Well? And your commenting on my second post? Blog Brother.

Brainwave Surfer Girl Award
Sass thelifeofsass: They say "Great minds think alike" and you and I have sure been on a wavelength recently. I feel so, so sorry for you. And that makes me smile. _ SHOCKER! (And you even like WNTW? You do rock!)

Lemons To Lemonade Award
Ms. Florida TransplantJust A Girl… And Her Dogs: Normally, you'd be the winner of the "Comeback Blogger Of The Year" but that had to go to H, sorry. But after the year you've had, you'd deserve an award for not just curling up in a ball and rocking back and forth, muttering to yourself. But you've taken the undeserved shots and are moving past them. In all seriousness, you are one of my heroes. I'm not sure I could do the same.

HAWTT Cup Of Coffee Award
MelOIt's Just Easier That Way: MelO, but never Mellow. You were going to win the "Unemployee Of The Year" but that's a little to mean of a joke (but I use it anyway, 'cuz I can be an ass sometimes). I dare anyone to read this and this without getting a little stirred up. This isn't the only reason you deserve an award, but it sure as heck doesn't hurt. And in your honor, I hope you recognize the color of the award.

We now pause for intermission, but more awards are to follow soon.

9 comments:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

YAY H!! Love that!! Good for her, you go girl, you deserve this coveted honor. Also, congrats to all the winners!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Thanks Scope!

Although I must admit I do mutter to myself... I just don't blog about it!

:)

H said...

Awww shucks Scope!! Thanks so much. Between this and the reserved covered parking space I feel so loved!!

XOXO,
H

Mel O said...

Awwww... Scope... you shouldn't have...

waitaminute!!

Yes you SHOULD HAVE! WAY TO GO!! Lol... no seriously, thanks. You are so sweet. I haven't written like THAT in a while. I forgot I need to throw one of those in every once in a while to keep the boys interested. I assume you guys don't always want to hear about Tiffany's jewelry, catching up on Oprah, and eating bon bons. Too bad, too...

Dr Zibbs said...

All well deserved.

Scope said...

Candy & Zibbs: You should come back after the intermission, that's all I'm saying.

H - Awards are on you like the Bumpus hounds on the old man's turkey.

MFXP - Don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing much better than can reasonably be expected.

MelO - Anytime you want to write about sitting around in your red kimono eating bon bons, you go right ahead. Or if you are out sitting in a Starbucks watching traffic, waiting for "Fear the Deer" to pass, write about that, too. I for one will stay riveted.

Sass said...

I would tell you that I think you're awesome and amazing, but you probably already received those signals from my brain.

I think you should write my WNTW letter...I'm just sayin'. ;)

Robot Nine said...

Interesting, It is snowing on your page. Alan

Gwen said...

Speaking of The Drysdales, let's discuss this weekend. The Facebook invite is open so you are invited to attend and I think you should go. Sadly, I don't think you'll be accepting an award on my behalf, but I think you should go.