2009-01-23

Random crap from a random day

Random crap from a random day. Tired, slightly drunk (I wrote this last night, I didn't wake up drunk on a Friday. Not that there's anything WRONG with that!), in a bit of a mood, and need to put something out there so parts IV and V of the flying monkey saga land on the weekend, when readership is down anyway.


Random 1: I've never been the best man in a wedding. There are reasons. There are reasons you, in the name of all that is holy, do NOT put a microphone in my hand in front of a crowd. This may take a while to buffer, but watch it all the way through. Just click: [
NOT SAFE FOR WORK] Something along these lines would happen.


Random 2: Today at work, at my team meeting, me, my manager, and the other guy on the team. (One night last week I had two dreams about him: Dream 1) He had cancer. Dream 2) He kept saying stupid stuff in a meeting, so I stood up, and yelled at him and made him cry. Anybody out there do that dream analysis stuff?) Anyway the first announcement the manager makes is that they've extended an offer to someone to be the third person on the team, she's accepted, and will be starting mid Feb. You could feel the waves of FEAR wash through him, and I almost died. I interviewed her. If anything, she'll be gunning for my job eventually [Technically, the 3 spots on the team are: Architect, Engineer, and Administrator. Currently, I'm the Engineer, and the Architect spot is open. But, the job posting is for the Engineer spot, so the way it better work is that I move up, and she does take my current job.]. So, I've got to step up my game, good. I interviewed her, and she was the best candidate out of about 10. We've been trying to fill the spot since September, and there's plenty of work to keep two skilled people busy for years, so I'm not worried. Plus, she's high energy, and is coming out of consulting, so I think she just may make him cry for real. :-)


Random 3: Since I used it in my Facebook tag line, I have not been able to get
THIS song out of my head. I've had worse.

On a morning from a Bogart movie

In a country where they turn back time
You go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre
Contemplating a crime

She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running
Like a watercolor in the rain
Don't bother asking for explanations
She'll just tell you that she came
In the year of the cat


Random 4: Yes, I am making a conscious effort to burn through some old archive stuff that I've done over the years. It's not that it takes less time to reformat and publish than to write new stuff, but recently, I've just feel this WEIGHT of this stuff. I thought I would be doing more of this type of creative writing on my blog than I have been, and my blog is taking a slightly different direction than I'd planned. That's not a bad thing, but before I feel I can really embrace it, I need to clean out some of this stuff. But I think it's good stuff.

9 comments:

Sass said...

I have been asked twice to be a matron of honor in a wedding.

I've never done it.

First time, I couldn't do it because my son was a newborn, getting ready to have open heart surgery, wedding was out of town, yadda yadda yadda.

Second time...well, that's a white trash post in the making. ;)

Dr Zibbs said...

Year that Cat is one of my most hated songs ever. What are they even talking about?

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I have a lot of old stuff I need to publish sometime soon. It does add up!

Lisa said...

I've been in 11 weddings, not including my own. I love it. You're missing out.

The blog thing is strange... I hear people say this all the time and it applies to me as well. It's never what you thought or wanted it to be.

Gwen said...

Random comment for a random post:

Pootie Tang was a really funny movie.

Scope said...

Dr. Zibbs - I think it's about a random hippie hook-up. Maybe if there are any recovering H-ippies out there...

Lisa - I've been in weddings, just never served as second in command. And watch the video to see why.

Gwen - Is Pootie Tang what the astronauts got?

Cora said...

BEST best man speech EVER! Scared me at first though, he looks a lot like my Neurologist. Kinda wish it had been.... but nevermind.

So, that is what you would do with a microphone in front of a crowd, Scope?! I'm impressed, Sir! Gutsy. I like it. :-)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

How could anyone ever top that Best man speech??? hahaha That was beautiful.

On the other random matters:
-not lovin the vibe in the office right now. The best thing is to do your job and do it well.
(not that employment advice from me is of any value- Ms. Unemployed)

-there could be worse things running through your head.

- You know,the beauty of a blog is it can be whatever you want it to be. We'll still keep comin back for more. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad my being in a wedding phase is over.

I now have that damn song stuck in my head....thanks


peace
#2